Vintage Rings Maintenance and Care
- Cleaning & Protecting Your Filigree Jewelry -
Suggestions for Keeping Your Jewelry Like New
Due to the delicate nature of vintage, antique and filigree jewelry, it take special care to ensure it becomes a family heirloom. Here are a few suggestions to help keep your purchase shining for years to come!
- Remove your rings when performing household chores or messy tasks.
- Avoid wearing your rings when showering and hand-washing, this will prevent a soap film from building up in the engraving and dulling the finish.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to salt water and harsh chemicals.
- Take care to apply makeup and hairspray before putting on jewelry, smudges and sprays can dull the finish.
- Visit your jeweler at least once a year to have your ring inspected and cleaned.
- Since emeralds are delicate and softer than many other gems — they require special care when being cleaned and they are particularly sensitive to dramatic changes in temperature. Never clean emeralds with steam or ultrasonic processes, simply wipe with a soft cloth.
- To clean your filigree jewelry at home, brush with a soft bristle brush to remove dust and other particles. Soak the ring in a solution of mild dish detergent and lukewarm water, then brush again lightly. Rinse with lukewarm water and dry with a soft chamois cloth.